Ready for this simple fig and thyme cocktail recipe?
I absolutely love fall in the midwest. The colors, the activities, the food and drinks, all create such a fun time of year! This fall may look a bit different, thanks to the coronavirus, but that isn’t stopping me from enjoying some of my favorite things while at home.
Let’s talk about this fun fig and thyme cocktail you can easily make while stuck at home due to COVID-19!
For The Thyme Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme leaves (leave out a few for garnishing your cocktails)
For One Cocktail:
- 2 fresh figs
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz thyme syrup
- 1.5 oz vodka of choice
- 1.5 oz hard cider of choice
- In a small saucepan over low heat, simmer the sugar, water and thyme leaves for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 more minutes so the thyme infuses into the syrup.
- To make the cocktail, muddle figs and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker. Add in a generous scoop of ice, along with lemon juice, 3/4 oz of the thyme syrup and vodka. Shake until well chilled, then strain into a coupe glass (look how cute these are from Crate&Barrel).
- Top with 1.5 oz hard cider. Garnish with a slice of fig and a sprig of thyme!
What are some of your favorite fall cocktails? Share below in the comments so we all can try a new recipe!
Make sure to take a picture of your fig and thyme cocktail and tag us on social using #takefortyfivefigandthymecocktail!